The Library began its activities in a rented space located in the Ameghino street, a few meters from where it stands right now. After hard work, the purchase of a larger building to host the library was granted, which is located at the crossing of the streets Don Bosco and Ameghino. It originally belonged to a well known, traditional family of the city.
The facade preserves the fundamental characteristics of the Italian style that was popular during the mid 19th and the beginnings of the 20th century. This style keeps a renaissance architectural air, which was set by the first Italian immigrants in the city who brought their artistic skills from their homeland, achieving wonderful results with low resources. The estimated date of the construction of this building in particular is 1860, being one of the oldest houses of the city.
In 2014, the Honorable Council of t he City grants the library’s building the title of “Historical Heritage of the City of San Nicolás de los Arroyos,” according to the Ordinance #8803 dated on November 14th and promulgated on November 19th.